<

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cure my blindness

Years of being a geeked out Chinese kid obsessed with reading comics and Anne of Green Gables have sadly left me bespectacled for life (although, rumour has it, reading in the dark doesn't actually harm your eyesight). Since my sense of smell isn't so good that I can exist by simply hearing my opponent in a prison yard battle, I need glasses. For some reason, I've always chosen really sketchy, unflattering things to correct my vision and I'm determined to not repeat the same mistake this time. This year, Elton John has smiled upon me, and I've actually found two I like! I know what you're thinking: c'est impossible! Now I just have to decide which ones I'm going to get before my medical runs out.

Option 1: A sweet pair of frames from (brace yourselves), Juicy Couture. Can I do it? Will I actually be able to put these on my face and not accidentally slip into a velour tracksuit and bleach my hair blonde? Pro: They have this awesome transparent corner detailing. Con: The inside of the arm is inscribed with Juicy Couture American Princess. Shoot me in the face.


Option 2: Specs from ProDesign Denmark. They get the European brand points, but really aren't as sweet as the Juicy ones for some reason. Pro: they come with nosepads (Chinese = no nose bridge = boourns), and they kind of look like compressed plywood, and who wouldn't want that on their face? Con: a bit heavy looking, and pricier.


What's a myopic girl to frickin' do?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Voska Dour said...

If you buy the Juicy Couture glasses, can I start calling you Princess Mah Yan Tzan????

PLEASE!!!!

3:24 a.m.  
Blogger Thomas said...

HELLS. YES.

It took me awhile to realize that "nose bride" wasn't some Chinese way of refering to it. Sometimes being Chinese is just confusing.

9:10 a.m.  
Blogger Ikyoto said...

Those are loverly designerly choices, but personally, I am all about having many pairs of prescription glasses (currently holding at 4 pairs, including a crazy pair of carved green plastic with red lenses), and thus price certainly plays into my choices. Asia is the most myopic continent, thus they provide extensive lines of cool frames for reasonable prices...bonus, they don't expect you to have a nose bridge (my mother had glasses that rested on her cheeks for years before I gave her the tip). Now I am lame, and don't remember the site name, but you can buy them online. I'll ask around to get the web address.

2:57 p.m.  
Blogger Sharon said...

Monsieur Van Kay: That's Juicy Couture Princess Mah Yan Tzan to YOU! (JCPMYT for short)

TBW: Spelling is not my strong suit. This is because I am blind and astigmatic (is that a word?), and frequently confuse the letter g with not typing anything at all. Sometimes, the ol' eyes get so bad, I accidentally sew the word Juicy on me bum.

Kari: I am in awe of your vast corrective lense collection and aspire to such feats! To Asia (or the Internet) I must travel!

4:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home